Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Yum - cake....

This post is a rush today since I'm trying to get sorted for the 'off'. So I'm leaving you with pre-season Christmas photos - my cake (which is gradually being pickled in brandy) and the mince-pies that 'worked' (i.e. the ones I didn't scoff because the puff pastry over-puffed and ejected the mincemeat onto the baking sheet.....)
Salivate at will......
I know there'll be types out there that say 'not before Thanksgiving!' - but the cake really does need time to sit and rest and absorb......
What are you baking for Christmas/Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

Jhianna said...

Brandy soaked cake? Brilliant! Why has no one told me about this before?

I'll be baking the million dozen of chocolate chip cookies as requested. I think I'm going to try making some new types too, just so I don't want to claw my eyes out from boredom.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks yummy!

We'll be making German 'braune kuchen', which is a sort of cookie that my mother used to have as a kid...we've made them for years now.