Monday, November 12, 2007

Pay it forward and other fantastic opportunities

I'm a lucky, lucky girl.

The lovely, fantastic necklace I ordered from Rebel1in8 from her Etsy shop has arrived via dad-post a couple of days ago and I haven't stopped wearing it since (well, I've taken in off at night for fear of being strangled or worse, damaging it). I love it and it makes me feel good wearing it.
The beads look even more beautiful in real-technicolor-life. So, if you need a little Rebel in your life then go and get yourself one!

The other yum item that actually arrived today is the snuggliest, squishyist, take-it-to-bed-with-you, lurvely yarn. The lovely yarn spun for me by the super-duper Pocketina.
The colour of it is full of greens - my favourite colour - with hints of yellowyness and purple and such a lovely texture with super thick fuzzyness and finely contrasting bits.
You think I'm kidding about the sleeping with it bit, don't you?..

You can peek at what it looks like for yourself on her flickr pages.
Go, look, I'm not going anywhere until you've appropriately 'oohed'.
I was so totally blown away when she told me she wanted to send me some yarn - and then she wrote such a lovely message to go with it that I'm totally going around squeezing the yarn and smelling it (I don't know why I keep smelling it - it doesn't smell of anything - but I feel the need to take it in with all my senses.....alright - except for taste - I'm not licking it or anything. What, you think I'm weird or something?)

In other, interesting news, I'm rather behind at posting my link for Pay It Forward - knitting style.
The first 3 people to comment on this blog post (who profess themselves to be knitters/crocheters/fibre-creators) will receive a knitted item, as knitted by me, within 6 months.
In return they must post on their blog and also commit to doing the same (i.e. knitting and sending to 3 more people) and so on.
I'm going to be the lucky recipient of something knitted by the lovely Lauren from StitchandBitchLondon - I'm very excited.
So, post a comment - please make sure I have an email address so I can contact you - otherwise I'll have problems!!

Finally, what do the following two pictures have in common?

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

Thank you for your comment regarding my mom. I was glad to see you looked at my blog. I used to be a knitter over 25 years ago. However, someday I will try again. Now I'm so stressed with my two jobs...(my fault,) I couldn't knit a scarf..however, it's a great idea, and good luck. You are a sweet heart...bless you.

Dorothy from grammology
call your grandma

Jhianna said...

That is beautiful yarn!

Jhianna said...

Okay, I commented before without owning up to being a knitter because I was scared shirt-less (spit-less? anyway, very scared) about my skill level. But it sounds fun - this pay it forward knit thing. I'm in if you haven't gotten your three already!

(My email is either on my blog or in my profile, thanks!)

laurie said...

1- Love the necklace. I am hoping to buy one from Jacqueline when I meet her (hooray!) in a couple of weeks.

2-Love the Pay it Forward idea. I think I already have two much knitting on my plate right now (and not that much confidence in my abilities)...but I'll think on it.

3-I have no idea what those pictures have in common. Do tell. I am very intrigued.

blurdom said...

Yay! You got your yarn, I'm so happy!

jacqueline said...

OMG! thank you for this! I was wondering how/when it would get to you considering where I sent it. I'm so glad you like it so much. That style is so fun to make and I had just started them- I think yours was the second one of the group. I was really excited that you chose that one- it's one of my faves (I love turquoise). Thanks again, you rebel!