Thursday, November 22, 2007

Round and round we go, where we stop - noone knows!

Well, what a farce that flight turned out to be!!! Like something from M. Hulot's Holiday.
First the flight was going from Gate 20 - then it disappeared from the departure screens entirely; then we got all the way to Gate 20 only to be told that the crew were delayed by a traffic accident in London and we had to return to the departure lounge and wait for a new gate and departure time EXCEPT we couldn't go back the way we came, we had to go back via 'flight connections' and go through security again. When we got back to the departures area the screens said, wait for it........
Go to Gate 20!
Again!
After standing in a massive queue to get back from Gate 20!!
Hilarious! (ish)
Go we trekked all the way back to Gate 20 and still had to wait a while for the crew to get aboard and so their safety checks. So we left an hour late.
Still - we made it - something to be thankful for I'm sure.
It's been misty all morning but the sun has finally made an appearence and the orange-yellow leaves on the tree outside the window are positively glowing.
Plus, I had a heavy, grey cat come and stand on my chest at 6 this morning (thank you Max!) why does he insist on standing on the painful bits?? Still, it's nice to have a furry, purry thing around - even if he is a bit of a bruiser.

Hey! I'm in Boston peeps! (well, Boston suburbs) - I made it! How's that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray- and a Happy Thanksgiving to everybody up your way!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safely!....I live in upstate N.Y. but visit Boston every chance I get.It's my very favorite city!!!Have fun,Karen

Dee said...

I've just come across your blog, via a couple of other blogs (I can't even remember where I started now!).
It's very late, and I'm very tired, but I'll be returning tomorrow, after the radiotherapy people have zapped my brain!

I'm also a young 'un (31 now.. 29 when diagnosed with primary breast cancer, in 2005) with bc mets.. to my brain (diagnosed 5 weeks ago, followed by surgery), liver (diagnosed a year ago today. And found out yesterday that they're growing again), and bones.

I'll be starting on capecitabine/xeloda soon.. hopefully alongside lapatinib/tykerb, on the tykerb trial, if they accept me onto it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello really :o)
I'm adding your blog to my favourites, and will be back!

Take care,
Dee
xxx

Anonymous said...

Well, wonderful! You're states-side! Hope your return flight isn't as ridiculous as the flight over...sheesh!
What exciting things are you going to do while you're here?