Tuesday, November 06, 2007

In which our heroine.....chooses curtains

Ooh-kay!
Snaps to April (I'd link to you but you haven't left your url) for her spotting that yesterday was indeed Guy Fawkes Night - or Bonfire Night as we also call it. I've not been to an actual Bonfire and fireworks display for years - which is very disappointing. This year I really intended to - and I really hoped my brother would be visiting so we could go together like when we were kids. But he couldn't and in the end I couldn't be bothered. However our people in neighbouring streets actually had fireworks in their back-gardens which meant I could see them from our bedroom window, in bed. Now that is what I call service - and a good bonfire night. Lots of lovely sparkles and a warm feather quilt....perfect. The Dear Other declares that I would spend my entire life in bed if I could - I fear he may be right. You can knit and read and (in my house) surf the net from bed; so why get up? It's cold outside the covers (except when I'm having a hot flush) - bed is best. Why stand if you can sit, why sit if you can lay down? I don't think of myself as lazy; I just like to be *comfy*.

Today you have options.
For the squeamish amongst you - head further down the post and give me your opinions on curtain fabrics for mah bedroom.
For the unsqueamish amongst you there are pictures - of my scars. In order not to catch anyone unawares you'll have to head over to flickr to see them. They are just (just?) scars now - 2 years down the line - my mets diagnosis in September distracted me from the fact that it was 2 years since my mastectomy. I haven't talked about all the surgery lark for a while now. Mostly because I'm sturdily ignoring the scars as much as I can. I still don't like catching sight of my reflection unprepared in the bathroom mirror. I still have to stop myself from flinching when the Dear Other touches it - he likes the fact that the skin is so very smooth and soft along the line of the scar. I think I care far more than he ever has. ::sigh:: grrrr

Curtains!!!!
The options:









And in close up:
Opinions please.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there, thanks for the sidebar link - sounds a bit ominous "I'm keeping an eye on...", but I like it too :) :)

SO impressed at the Christmas cake preparations. It's inspired me to think about doing one too (a proper and potentially actionable think, too)

Re: curtains: definitely the roses. Gorgeous!! x

Kate said...

The roses, in the shot of all three they seem to glow.
I like the "a ferret bit me" line too.

Jhianna said...

Hmmm... I'd go with the top left ones. But I'm a plain-ish sort of fabric girl - all three are pretty in the swatches :)

laurie said...

I chose both options. Your battle scars look just like mine. Except that I still have my port. I have some pretty ambivalent feelings about how I look as well. And like you, my partner seems to think I am beautiful, scars and all.

As for the curtains, I am surprised to find that (although I think they are all quite lovely) I love the flowers best (I am not a floral-loving kind of girl). I think it's the red that I like.

April said...

sepha - apologies, i forget my blogger profile is set to private. my site is www.titansphere.com.

ps - that picture you took yesterday was eerily similar to the pacific northwest. we had more fog, but equally dreary.

April said...

i forgot to choose curtains...i like the left one...the simplest one. seems like you'd have some freedom in changing the room and still matching moreso than with others.