Friday, February 01, 2008

There's a hole in me (bucket)

Am duly poked with needles. It did go in first time; but we're down to the deep veins, so it hurt :( ::snuffle:: Nah, I didn't really snuffle, but not so fun. However it's obviously one of the veins that they've been tapping into further up in the crook of my elbow; so it really started to ache - what with it being hardened up or gone thready or whatever. Fingers crossed for moving onto the tablets soon.
It was also incredibly busy today - and I generally pick Friday's as they're quiet and therefore less stressful.....too many talkers today; plus the woman sitting opposite me who started having some kind of 'turn' after she'd started her drip - makes you feel a touch unsettled.....
Plus, new Zoladex injection; so will be increasedly hot tonight....we walked home (which I used to do regularly) but now I just can't walk that distance without getting *too* *hot* and having to sit down. So of course we got part way and I had to sit on a wall by (one of) the dodgy estate(s). I did contemplate just collapsing on the sidewalk and banging my head on the paving slabs until it went away but restrained myself. ::sigh::, ::hate::, ::winge:: ::/winge::
Blah, blah, you know the refrain - am done now and am all juiced-up for another 4 weeks - you have a reprieve until then (possible)

1 comment:

laurie said...

It's a f*cking grind. And when the chemo room is too noisy or the person next to you gets a little too personal, it can be damned uncomfortable. Wishing you few side effects and as much quiet time as your heart desires...