Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shakes

Scary,
I woke up half an hour ago to feel like the room was shaking. I've just spent the last half hour trying to convince myself I had had some strange dream but I couldn't get back to sleep and in the end went downstairs to check the Beeb. And, yes, an earth tremor has happened in Birmingham. But I'm not in Birmingham - I'm London, about 100 miles away.....
This from the girl who didn't notice the rather larger earthquake whilst in Peru!!! I've obviously become attuned.
Not sure I'll be getting back to sleep. I'm not actively frightened; I'm just awake now.....
I'm glad there really was a tremor thought - I was starting to think that I'd had some 'turn' and gone a bit funny.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Somehow, I slept through it. It must not have managed south of the river (I was also absolutely exhausted last night, I'd have slept through an elephant using my bed as a trampoline quite frankly!)
One of my colleagues thought it was a ghost shaking his computer chair. He still thinks this is a more likely explanation than an earthquake...
This says a lot for the sanity of our office, I feel.