Saturday, August 30, 2008

Listing

I think I have Ikea-shoulder. You know, the condition that results from building too much Ikea furniture.... I've only been attaching the handles to the doors of the cupboards today - 9 of them, 18 screws and I Can Feel It In My Shoulder. Hopefully this endless assault by Ikea will be concluded soon and then maybe my shoulder will feel better. Maybe also, pigs will fly and I will discover that I am cured of cancer on Wednesday. Flap, piggies, flap harder! They're just Not Trying. Lazy hogs.

Pink Hebe just did a little '10 things I love' with the letter 'H' - because I am In A Hurry and can't wait to be assigned a letter because I want to blog it Now, I shall pick my own letter - 'B' is the first one to come to mind. These are not in order of loved-ness; they're in the order they came to mind.

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Battlestar Galactica - I've been working my way through the boxed set of BTVS since January and am just about to finish series 6; BG, I have been grokking out on the boxed set of this for the last 3 days - beginning Series 2 now. I like Buffy because it's humorous and female-empowering and mostly because I like anything Joss Whedon lays hands on (Why can I not download Dr Horrible!?!?!? Why, oh why? Living in the UK is Unfair.)

2. My mum's name begins with a B - and I love her A Whole Big Lot - Bigger Than The Universe in fact. She should have been number one - I blame the fact I'd just been watching Battlestar Galactica.

3. Books - I read A Lot. I like the reading of them, the owning of them, the perusing of them in shops, the smell of old books. I like books. The end.

4. Bloglines - it lets me read all the blog feeds I have very easily. On the other hand - it's naughty because it stops me visiting the actual sites and that's Not Really Very Nice of me. Sorry.

5. Bear. I have a teddy bear who I have since I was very small. He is yellow and rather matted-looking but very loved. I have never been very good with naming my fluffy friends so his name is Bear. I have other bears, they are also called Bear. I do have Brown Bear and Waistcoat Bear who has, wait for it, a waistcoat.....

6. Berries - I like berries - particularly raspberries, but also strawberries and blueberries. Blueberry muffins are good but raspberries with plain yoghurt and chocolate sauce is the best.

7. Bernie Bunny - you U.S. types may be aware of this and may call it Annie's Mac n' Cheese but in my family we always call it Bernie Bunny because it has a picture of a bunny called Bernie. Yum, but I can't get it here in the U.K. :(

8. The B-52's - what's not to love? The soundtrack of my adolescence (not time-wise I suppose) - Deadbeat Club, Tell It Like It T-I-Is.....I'm afraid I know all the words...

9. Brent-Dyer, Elinor - I used to pretend I was going to the Chalet School and fold up all the right clothes to pack..... yes, I was quite a sad little girl.....My favourite book is Carola and I have never the read the last bookin the series. I'd hate it all to end.

10. Baths - I like water, water is good for me. It soothes me. Baths, swimming pools, sitting by the sea. But a hot-as-you-can-stand-it bath with something fizzy and citrusy from Lush.

The Dear Other is miffed that I am not admitting to you all that he is doing monkey impressions - so he's turned over and turned out the light. Quite why he wants this on the record I have no idea but hopefully this will placate him.....

1 comment:

Sarah Dillon said...

LOL!! Maybe they were Baboon impressions, and he wanted a placing on your list??!! :D

BTW, I admire your determination and decisiveness in picking a letter and then picking things to go in the list. Even in accepting that the list would not be in order of preference. I'm not sure why, but these are exactly the kinds of decisions that would leave me agonising for hours, leaving me feeling stressed for days, quite possibly. Leave a job? Move to Australia? Apply to lead a bunch of girls to Peru? Easy, decision made in seconds. Pick a letter, any letter? Choose a favourite book, movie or colour? Erm, uuumm, maybe, ah... no, no, wait.... ARGH!! Here's hoping there is no correlation between time taken to make a decision and time spent regretting a decision, LOL! :) xxx