I think I have Ikea-shoulder. You know, the condition that results from building too much Ikea furniture.... I've only been attaching the handles to the doors of the cupboards today - 9 of them, 18 screws and I Can Feel It In My Shoulder. Hopefully this endless assault by Ikea will be concluded soon and then maybe my shoulder will feel better. Maybe also, pigs will fly and I will discover that I am cured of cancer on Wednesday. Flap, piggies, flap harder! They're just Not Trying. Lazy hogs.
Pink Hebe just did a little '10 things I love' with the letter 'H' - because I am In A Hurry and can't wait to be assigned a letter because I want to blog it Now, I shall pick my own letter - 'B' is the first one to come to mind. These are not in order of loved-ness; they're in the order they came to mind.
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Battlestar Galactica - I've been working my way through the boxed set of BTVS since January and am just about to finish series 6; BG, I have been grokking out on the boxed set of this for the last 3 days - beginning Series 2 now. I like Buffy because it's humorous and female-empowering and mostly because I like anything Joss Whedon lays hands on (Why can I not download Dr Horrible!?!?!? Why, oh why? Living in the UK is Unfair.)
2. My mum's name begins with a B - and I love her A Whole Big Lot - Bigger Than The Universe in fact. She should have been number one - I blame the fact I'd just been watching Battlestar Galactica.
3. Books - I read A Lot. I like the reading of them, the owning of them, the perusing of them in shops, the smell of old books. I like books. The end.
4. Bloglines - it lets me read all the blog feeds I have very easily. On the other hand - it's naughty because it stops me visiting the actual sites and that's Not Really Very Nice of me. Sorry.
5. Bear. I have a teddy bear who I have since I was very small. He is yellow and rather matted-looking but very loved. I have never been very good with naming my fluffy friends so his name is Bear. I have other bears, they are also called Bear. I do have Brown Bear and Waistcoat Bear who has, wait for it, a waistcoat.....
6. Berries - I like berries - particularly raspberries, but also strawberries and blueberries. Blueberry muffins are good but raspberries with plain yoghurt and chocolate sauce is the best.
7. Bernie Bunny - you U.S. types may be aware of this and may call it Annie's Mac n' Cheese but in my family we always call it Bernie Bunny because it has a picture of a bunny called Bernie. Yum, but I can't get it here in the U.K. :(
8. The B-52's - what's not to love? The soundtrack of my adolescence (not time-wise I suppose) - Deadbeat Club, Tell It Like It T-I-Is.....I'm afraid I know all the words...
9. Brent-Dyer, Elinor - I used to pretend I was going to the Chalet School and fold up all the right clothes to pack..... yes, I was quite a sad little girl.....My favourite book is Carola and I have never the read the last bookin the series. I'd hate it all to end.
10. Baths - I like water, water is good for me. It soothes me. Baths, swimming pools, sitting by the sea. But a hot-as-you-can-stand-it bath with something fizzy and citrusy from Lush.
The Dear Other is miffed that I am not admitting to you all that he is doing monkey impressions - so he's turned over and turned out the light. Quite why he wants this on the record I have no idea but hopefully this will placate him.....